Hey guys! Thank you all for the support and listening to the station! We hope you have a great summer!
Assistant Manager for Programming and Listener Engagement (Broadcasting Manager)
The Assistant Manager for Programming and Listener Engagement will be in charge of many vital aspects of the radio station. They will be managing DJs (meetings, training, communication with DJs), continuing to update the master playlist on a weekly basis, charting music, going through new music that comes into the station, being in contact with promoters, and many other responsibilities. The Broadcast Manager will need to be in communication with many people within SPU and off campus as well. There is also a small monthly stipend for your work.
Assistant Manager for Events
The Events Coordinator will be in charge of everything that makes us KSPU events. They will be contacting artists and performers, working with ASSP, keeping in contact with other groups on and off campus, and be doing the overall managing of events for KSPU. The Events Coordinator will make sure that KSPU continues to put on amazing events. A high level of organization and communication is key to this position. There a small monthly stipend for your work.
Assistant Manager for Publicity
The Publicist will be in charge of artistic direction of KSPU. They will be creating the image for KSPU and will be using their creativity to promote and publicize the workings of KSPU. The Publicist will be in charge of make many posters (around 10 different posters throughout the year) and creating the atmosphere for events. They will need to be very knowledgeable of Photoshop and preferably experience in making posters. There is also a small monthly stipend for your work.
Assistant Manager for Technology and Web Development
The webmaster will be in charge of the overall installation, management, and organization of KSPU related technologies. These technologies include the KSPU website, the audio/video equipment, any computers and other related technologies. This person should have an understanding of web development (HTML4/5, CSS, JS), basic computer internals (Windows 7), and a basic understanding of live audio production (soundboard troubleshooting), recording and streaming (Audacity, Mixlr, live stream troubleshooting). Creativity and awesomeness are required. There is a small monthly stipend for your work.
Assistant Manager for Promotions (Media Go-Team)
As the Promotions Assistant, you will be keeping the KSPU social medias, and will also be working with the KSPU Manager for Publicity in creating/advertising various KSPU events and happenings. You will be keeping students/community aware of the workings of KSPU and know when the events are coming up. There is also a small monthly stipend for your work.
Assistant Manager for Broadcasting (Media Go-Team)
As the Broadcast Assistant, you will be in charge of updating our master playlist, sifting through new music, and charting our music online. There is also a small monthly stipend for your work.
Photo by: Wynn Michael Wesson
Here's a starter: Toro y Moi at Showbox at the Market
Photo credit: Daniel Haugen
We are hiring for next year's Station Director! We are looking for an individual who meets the folowing requirements:
- Must have a 2.5 GPA or higher.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student.
- Required to attend ASSP Leadership Conference on (tentatively set for Sept. 20th-23rd, 2014).
- Must serve on S.P.O.T. (Seattle Pacific Orientation Team) to help new students move in on Sept. 25th, 2014.
- Must oversee all KSPU staff.
- Is in charge of organizing weekly staff meetings.
- Must attend BSM (Board of Student Media) bi-weekly meetings.
- Must act as KSPU Ambassador.
- Should have knowledge about radio station logistics (basic sound knowledge, music charting, etc.).
- Should have basic event planning knowledge (timelines, ASSP guidelines, etc.).
Well, it's that time of the year again. And no, we're not talking about the new Hobbit being released. Although that is pretty exciting.
Nope, we're talking about our TOP PICKS of 2013.We've listened to many hours of music, diliberated, and we have them all picked out.
So what were our top albums of the year?
We suppose that we should just start off by saying that DAFT PUNK was one of our TOP picks-- as we are avid dance enthusiasts. We even have the helmets to prove it.
Okay, but on a more serious note, here are our top albums:
Aurelia [Station Director]
- 1. Arcade Fire- Reflektor
- 2. Junip- Junip
- 3. Local Natives- Hummingbird
- 4. A$AP ROCKY- LONG LIVE A$AP
- 5. Rhye- Woman
Beth [Broadcasting Manager-- AMPLE]
- 1. Arcade Fire-- Reflektor
- 2. CHVRCHES-- Bones of What You Believe
- 3. Lucius-- Wildewoman
- 4. Franz Ferdinand-- Right Thoughts, Right Words, Right Action
- 5. Joan Jett and the Blackhearts-- Unvarnished
Jacob [Event Coordinator]
- 1. Wolf-- Tyler the Creator
- 2. Because the Internet-- Childish Gambino
- 3. Flume-- Flume
- 4. Yeezus-- Kanye West
- 5. Bright Vices--The Flavr Blue
Matt [Technology Manager]
- 1. Common Courtesy - A Day To Remember
- 2. Modern Vampires of the City – Vampire Weekend
- 3. The Marshall Mathers LP2 – Eminem
- 4. I Love You. - The Neighbourhood
- 5. Tracing Back Roots – We Came As Romans
- 1. The National- Trouble Will Find Me
- 2. Haim- Days Are Gone
- 3. Vampire Weekend- Modern Vampers of the City
- 4. Neko Case- The Worse Things Get, The Harder I Fight, The More I Fight, The More I Love You
- 5. Foals-Holy Fire
Susannah [Assistant Manager for Promotions]
- 1. Pepper- Pepper
- 2. Childish Gambino- Because the Internet
- 3. Justin Timberlake- The 20/20 Experience
- 4. Miley Cyrus- Bangerz
- 5. A$AP ROCKY- Long Live A$AP
Spencer [Assistant Manager for Broadcasting]
- 1. A Cold Fire From the One I Loved- Dorean Lives
- 2. Phoenix- Everything in Slow Motion
- 3. Search the City- Flight
- 4. The Show Ponies- We're Not Lost
- 5. Rescue and Restore- August Burns Red
Liz [KSPU's AWESOME ADVISOR!!!!!!!!]
In no particular order...
- Trouble Will Find Me-The National
- When You Have Arrived- Campfire OK
- Hummingbird- Local Natives
- Wolf's Law- The Joy Formidable
- The Double EP: A Sea of Split Peas- Courtney Barnett
Also, special mention…
- Lines We Trace- Hey Marseilles
- Spires EP- Spires
Well, that's it for now. KSPU will be back on-air the second week of January. Stay warm and safe!
Check out the new DJ list and be sure to tune in!
Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday 12pm 1pm Triston Neyra "Island Vibes" 2pm 3pm Stefanye Spargur Josh Baez 4pm Michelle La Vallie TJ Sawyer Bent Scene 5pm Thomas Buchanan Spancer Noble "Noble Beats" Steve Hutchinson Steve Station 6pm Carolyn & Celina Brooke Snyder "The House of Mystery" 7pm Shane Sato "Sweaty Beats" Jacob Zimmer "Pacific North Fresh" Brighton Pruss Jonas Zack-Attack and the Jackson 5 8pm Kenna Harpell Anna Symphony Canady Matt G "Electronic Affairs" Sarah Williams 9pm Kelsey Reimers "Simple Songs" Jacob Lindstrom Cody Dutton I'm Gonna Melt Your Brain Erin Kimminan 10pm Hunter Kleinman & Tyler Rath Ben Kendall Rad Radio w/ Ben Jammin Alec Whitmore DJ Liz "Loose Chords" 11pm Kat Daczko "Bleached Ape" Mark Grenfell
KSPU just rescently had its first concert ticket giveaway this past week and we are super stoked for the new and upcoming ones that we will have!!
Our first winners of the year took this picture from the Tech N9ne show at the Paramount on 09/29/13. We heard it was a blast.
Find out more about ticket giveaways and other things on our facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kspu.org
And, don't forget to follow us on instagram: http://instagram.com/kspu